A local beekeeper let me volunteer some time today, and showed me around his apiary. We checked several hives (about 10 I think) and got them fed to get them strong for the upcoming mesquite / creosote / palo verde blooms.
I also worked on my hive today after I got home, and removed the last "wild" comb out of the hive, and wired it into a frame. I can now pull out all the frames in the hive for inspection, and was able to fit a 9th frame in the hive!
I rearranged some of the frames, and added a second super on top. I put some of the drawn frames (including the one that I had removed from the bottom) in the top super, hopefully they will start to draw out the top box.
Also gave them some sugar syrup to hopefully encourage some comb drawing!